Essential packing list for your adventure holiday
20 Jul 2022 09:53 by Kate Moore
Tickets? Passports? Phone? Check!
You've decided on your adventure, booked your Channel crossing, and stuck the UK sticker on the back of the car. Now just the packing to do...
To help you prepare for your upcoming family adventure, here is our recommended kit list for adventure and watersports holidays.
Packing essentials for your family adventure holiday to France
- Passport - Make sure your passport is valid for travel to the EU after Brexit - see our Brexit travel checklist
- GHIC or EHIC health cards (useful in addition to, but not instead of, your family's travel insurance)
- Mobile phone and devices for your journey
- Phone charger
- UK to EU adapter plug
- Personal medication (including travel bands or sea sickness medication for non-sailors taking the Channel ferry)
- Personal toiletries and hairdryer
- High factor waterproof sun lotion
- Insect repellent
- Reusable water bottle
- Torch/head torch
- A change of swimwear
- Sunproof swim tops/rash vest (we'll provide life jackets)
- Sports trainers
- Leggings or tracksuit bottoms
- A long sleeve top is required for archery (Chateau) and high ropes (Ardeche)
- Old trainers for watersports
- Bin liner for dirty clothes
- Hoody, sweatshirt or fleece for evening campfire
- Sun hat or cap
- Lightweight waterproof or windproof jacket
- Sleeping bag and pillows (Ardeche holiday only) - bedding can be hired at the campsite for €10 per bed
2022 EU travel checklist - don't get caught out by the new rules!
Travel to France is a little different now we've left the EU and there are a few things you need to check before your holiday - in particular your passport, GB car sticker, EHIC/GHIC and mobile roaming charges. Find out more in our handy post-Brexit travel guide.
Don't forget that for the summer 2022 season you will need to demonstrate your COVID status to enter France. Check the rules for vaccinated and unvaccinated travellers to France in Summer 2022 here.